Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hot Chocolate Bar

One of my most favorite things about winter has got to be hot chocolate.  I can consume a fairly insane amount. Just ask my friends. I love me some hot chocolate! My dear friend Jill and I put on this Hot Chocolate Bar for a RS Activity last week. Love the way it turned out! Here's some pics:















Jill did such a fabulous job making these yummy goodies and she even made homemade marshmallows!

I also wanted to share a super cute post from THE GALA GALS, Party With A Peppermint Twist:
Heidi shared this hot chocolate recipe:
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Ingredients:
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups sugar
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon peppermint oil

Directions:
Combine the milk, cream, vanilla, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture is hot, add the chopped chocolate and stir constantly until the hot chocolate is completely melted. Continue stirring while adding the salt and peppermint oil. When the mixture reaches a simmer, remove it from the heat and serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. Looks as if it was a hit!
    I am doing this same theme for a wedding open house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I featured it at Mushki Loves!
    Thank you for linking up!

    Have a great night!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a fabulous idea! Love it! :) Featuring you over on my blog this morning! Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday last week! :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/12/take-look-at-you-yummy-friday-edition.html

    ReplyDelete