Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Garden

My garden has gone a bit crazy lately. Maybe it's because it's getting cooler and all my plants are so much happier, but whatever it is, I can barely keep up! Some of it has been so fun--like the strawberries!
I thought I was going to get them all in June, but seriously, they are on round 2 and I'm getting TONS!

My tomatoes came on with a fury too, anybody want some tomatoes?!! Please?


And yes, I am that nerd that has to label all my jars with cute little labels. It's a sickness, I know.

And beans. Really beans? You have got to stop the madness. Do you think that maybe I have nothing better to do than can and blog? I can't tell you how many beans I've canned this year, wait, yes I can, after today I will have 65 jars I believe. I have been canning beans every 3 or 4 days and I still have more out there.


I think that by the time the season is over, I will have canned the equivalent of about 4 cases of beans, for the price of the seeds, which was about $4.00. That's pretty awesome. I have added so much to my food storage this year thanks to my out of control garden! Can't wait to see what I can grow next year! Oh, also when I went out this morning, my hibiscus had just bloomed...so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment